Brief summary

I worked as a massage therapist until 2009, when a car accident left me with long term whiplash and effectively ended my career. Round about that time, I found out that I'd had Asperger's Syndrome my entire life - a discovery that explained a lot of the earlier difficulties and challenges I'd had. Since then... well, that's what this blog is exploring.

Sunday 23 January 2011

I did a test...

It's a funny test. It asked me six questions... just six... and then told me what kind of monster I was. And it was mostly spot on. Apart from the bit about playing well with zombies - I kill those things.

(A sidenote.  One of the things I've often struggled with is the consistent assertion that people on the autistic spectrum lack empathy.  It's been a major stumbling block for me.  I define "empathy" as being like a level of sympathy with other people.  So I defined lack of empathy as simply not caring about other people - that's always seemed cold and callous.  And I resented the implication that I could be that way.  In this context, however, it's more like a lack of understanding and that seems much more accurate.  Funny how a breakthrough in comprehension can come via something so trivial as this little personality test.)

You are an alien

You're so strange, people occasionally wonder if you're from another world.  You don't try to be different, but you see most things from a very unique, very offbeat perspective.  Brilliant to the point of genius, you definitely have some advanced intelligence going on.  No matter what circles you travel in, you always feel like a stranger. And it's a feeling you've learned to like.

Your greatest power:
Your superhuman brain.

Your greatest weakness:
Your lack of empathy - you just don't get humans.

You play well with:
Zombies.

If you want to do the test too, then go to http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofmonsterareyouquiz/

2 comments:

  1. I got:

    Mysterious, independent, and often unseen - you always do things your own way.
    You are introverted, shy, and even a little secretive.
    People are dying to know you better, but you're a difficult person to know.
    A lot of your contributions to the world are left invisible and unfelt.

    Your greatest power: Blending in really well

    Your greatest weakness: Being too passive

    You play well with: Witches

    That's creepily accurate, if you'll pardon the pun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... but you never said what kind of monster you were.

    ReplyDelete